PAKISTANI PRESIDENT AT EVENT
- Fundraising and loan disbursement event held at Governor’s House presided over by the president of Pakistan.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT DASHBOARD LAUNCHED
- Akhuwat provided 1100 loans to women in Aiwan – e – Iqbal where Lt. Gen. Ret. Khalid Maqbool was chief guest.
- November: 600 Women Empowerment loans.
- Prominent figures invited to join Akhuwat as lifelong supporters.
MILESTONES REACHED ON SOCIAL DASHBOARD
- April: Akhuwat was represented at International Microfinance Event (Morocco).
- July: Membership - Pakistan Microfinance Network.
- August: First branch launched - Lahore (Dijkot, District Faisalabad).
- September: First branch launched in South Punjab (Jahanian, Khanewal District).
- September: Membership - Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy.
ESTABLISHMENT OF AKHUWAT HEAD OFFICE
- Operational Inauguration in Sindh.
REGISTRATION IN UNITED KINGDOM
- 10th June – United Kingdom Government Registration.
- 18th Novermber – 50th branch opened in Nowshera.
- Loan Disbursement Event in honour of Italian Government. Event graced by His Excellency Vicenzo Prati.
- Loans dispersed to 4,000 borrowers.
ISLAMIC MICROFINANCE FORUM
- 22nd March: Muhammad Amjad Saqib delivers lecture at Harvard University.
- March-April: Whirlwind tour of US introducing Akhuwat.
- Anti-Poverty Vigil at Main Canal Road.
- Mega Disbursement Ceremony in Rawalpindi.
- Mega Disbursement Ceremony - Chief Minister’s Self-Employment Scheme (Al-Hamra Art Cultural Complex, Lahore).
- Attended Islamic Microfinance Forum in Dubai on 08th.
3RD GLOBAL ISLAMIC MICROFINANCE FORUM
- 25 August: CMSES Mega Disbursement Ceremony (Faisalabad).
- 26 September: Mega Loan Disbursement Ceremony (Community Center, Islamabad).
- 12 October: “Akhuwat Ka Safar” book launched at Al-Hamra Arts Council.
- Akhuwat board members deliver lecture: ‘Microfinance in Pakistan’ at:
- Oxford University Pakistan Society
- Kings College
- Manchester University
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- Cambridge University and other educational institutions
- October: 3rd Global Islamic Microfinance Forum.
- Christmas Cake Cutting Ceremony hosted at Cantt Church.
- 12 December:“I am the Change” Award received.
INAUGURATION OF AKHUWAT COLLEGE
- April: CMSES Programme at Al Hamra Open Theater.
- Akhuwat Ishtarak Project Disbursement at Rehmat Hospital including IDB.
- May: Free Gift Shop opened at Akhuwat Head Office.
- Christmas Celebration at Saint Anthony’s School.
- Grand Clothes Disbursement Ceremony at Head Office.
- Attended Two Day Conference “Levering Qarz-a-Hasan to Alleviate Poverty” (UCP).
- 15 November: FIRST inaugurated
- Disbursement with Pakistan Cricket Team at Akhuwat-Begum Trust Branch, Jamia Masjid Sadar Bazar, Lahore Cantt.
- Akhuwat Clothes Bank Vigil at Liberty Chowk.
- 07 October: Akhuwat College inaugurated in Lahore.
- BISP Disbursement at Mian Meer Darbar, Lahore.
AKHUWAT’S 500TH BRANCH OPENED
- January: Mega Disbursement CMSES – Badshahi Mosque, Lahore.
- January: Push Cart Project inaugurated in Lahore.
- February: Launch of Community Policing Project with Punjab Police at Head Office.
- March: Akhuwat College 1st Annual Dinner.
- March: Attended International Conference on Biotechnology.
- 17 April: Akhuwat’s 500th branch was opened at Masjid Wazir Khan, Lahore.
- World Book Day celebrated in collaboration with SOS Children’s Village.
- Attended 6th Global Islamic Microfinance Forum in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Akhuwat College hosted 2nd Annual Dinner.
- December: Christmas Celebration at Central Cathedral.
DR. AMJAD SAQIB SPEAKS AT UNITED NATIONS
- April: Dr Amjad Saqib delivers lecture at United Nations.
- June: Dr Saqib presented “Akhuwat ka Safar” in the United Kingdom (Birmingham, Oxford, Cambridge and London).
- Attended Panel Discussion: “An Interaction with Donor and Funding Agencies” in Cambodia.
- Registered as a legal entity in Uganda, Africa.
- Attended 30th RCCI Awards in Turkey.
- Dr Amjad Saqib introduced Akhuwat ka Safar at Independence Day event in Sweden.
- 30th December: 705 Micro-Finance Branches in total.